How to Discount Strategically
When it comes to incentivising customers, it’s easy to default to using a discount. This strategy may boost your conversion rate but blanket discounting is actually draining your margins and tarnishing your perceived brand value.
However, if you use discounts more strategically you can actually boost your AOV and improve conversion rates.
Some examples of strategic discounting:
- For those who deserve it
- Closed user groups
- Target specific user groups that meet your ICP
- For VIP customers
- Those who have a high life time value
- Those who have a high frequency of purchase
- Those who are part of your loyalty programme
- For those who need an extra incentive
- Those who show signs of abandoning
- Those who leave items in the basket
- For those who have completed a valuable action
- Social follow
- Email subscription
- Met a spending threshold
- Joined loyalty programme
We’re releasing a new episode on “Your Ultimate Guide to AOV” every week. Give us your email below for access to all 7 episodes
We’ll be interviewing industry experts who’ll be sharing tried and tested tactics you can use to boost AOV. As we head closer to peak season, we want to help you retain and grow your AOV in a period where discounting will help your drive volume and sales but ultimately will be detrimental to your AOV and profit margins.
Details of the entire series including all videos…
Hear from the experts
Tune into our 10-minute episodes all about how you can implement AOV boosting strategies.