How to optimise Google Shopping for higher AOV
The way you optimise Google Shopping has changed over the years. Google Shoping is a key channel for customer acquisition.
Three key things to help optimise your Google Shopping Channel:
- Make sure you’re using a CSS. If you use google merchant centre you’re essentially paying 20% of the fee to Google as a management fee. CSS is negotiable and you get on average a 5% decrease in CPCs and an 8% increase in ROAS.
- Have a clear prioritisation framework. The products that drive 80% of your revenue you can optimise individually – manually go in and make changes and fill out manually – everything else can be rule-based.
- Use product bundles in ads. This allows you to increase the AOV by promoting additional products at the beginning of the buying journey. This increases ROAS as acquisition cost should not increase.
Three main advantages of using Product Bundling ads:
- Increases the number of SKUs that can appear in the SERPs resulting in more incremental revenue – having multiple results per search results in increased impressions and incremental revenue above standard shopping activity.
- Bundles have better ROAS due to higher AOV than stand-alone products so as a result, we see bundle campaigns having a higher AOV in search results as users buy multiple products together.
- Push competitors below the fold. Product bundle ads allow you to take up more real estate in search results. This allowed you to push down your competitors and resellers and boost direct sales which are more profitable.
We’re releasing a new episode on “Your Ultimate Guide to AOV” every week. Give us your email below for access to all 7 episodes
We’ll be interviewing industry experts who’ll be sharing tried and tested tactics you can use to boost AOV. As we head closer to peak season, we want to help you retain and grow your AOV in a period where discounting will help your drive volume and sales but ultimately will be detrimental to your AOV and profit margins.
Details of the entire series including all videos…
Hear from the experts
Tune into our 10-minute episodes all about how you can implement AOV boosting strategies.